Hurricanes, floods, tornadoes, earthquakes, fires, blizzards—whether you’re on the east coast or the west coast, your firm is always at risk of some form of natural disaster.Ask yourself these questions:
- If disaster struck, how long would it take your firm to be up and running and serving your legal clients again?
- How long would it take for you to be back on the phone lines to answer calls from vulnerable people in need of your help?
- Can your law firm’s new client legal intake system continue running smoothly and efficiently, even if you have to shut your doors?
It’s no secret new client intake is the lifeblood of any firm.
Without intake, there are no new clients. And without new clients, there is no revenue. Your firm won’t survive, especially if you are dealing with the extensive costs that come along with these types of tragedies.
Keeping your legal intake system going could be the only way to keep your firm afloat during and after a disaster. Not to mention, you won’t have to abandon your clients in their time of need.
We’ll tell you how…
First, Let’s Look at Some Statistics
Take a look at the facts:
- Financial damages caused by natural disasters in the U.S. broke records last year, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- Throughout the year, the U.S. endured 16 weather and climate disasters with losses exceeding $1 billion, with total costs of approximately $306 billion – a new U.S. annual record.
- Of businesses located in FEMA-designated “disaster zip codes,”61 percent of affected businesses had revenue losses ranging from $1-$25,000, and 35 percent suffered in losses more than $25,000.
- A natural disaster occurs once a week in the U.S., according to the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
- Almost 40 percent of small businesses never reopen their doors after a disaster.
How does a business recover from the physical and financial damages after a disaster? Or better yet, how does one prepare beforehand to soften the hit?
Our Advice: Hire Legal Intake Professionals
First, we’ll talk about what a legal intake call center can do for your law firm, especially in times of disaster. We’re sure you’ve heard the myths, but hear us out.
A legal intake call center can ensure that when your systems are down, your calls will still get answered. The calls will be forwarded to the call center in a seamless process.
The point of a legal intake call center is to be an extension of your law firm, whether it’s all the time, during your lunch break, after hours, on weekends and holidays, or in this case, when you simply can’t answer the calls.
Legal intake call centers hire and continually train expert intake specialists who specialize in legal terminology, psychology, and empathy. These specialists know how to answer legal questions and communicate with your clients, and since all they do is answer your clients’ calls, they receive undivided attention.
Ultimately, a legal intake call center helps to keep your leads flowing in when you and your team aren’t there to do it. Instead of the calls going to voicemail or a deadline when a natural disaster happens, your callers will still reach a live person. This will stop them from moving on to the next firm (one that might have a better disaster-preparedness plan).
It will be like your firm wasn’t even affected by the disaster.
Not to mention, with a professional legal intake center, all of your clients’ records will be safe and no data will ever be lost. If you do your research and find a quality company, they will have a disaster-preparedness plan themselves, with backup systems in place.
Alert Can Help You Stay Afloat
We’ll take care of the legal intake while you take the time to get your firm back up and running after any sort of disaster.
We know there are a plethora of things to worry about when natural disasters occur, and we want to lift some of the burdens off your shoulders. In the meantime, we’ll still be qualifying and maybe even signing new clients to your firm for you.
Don’t be one of the businesses that never recover from a disaster. If the leads are still coming in, and we can field them for you, you will continue to have a successful business. We’ll help you keep raking in money, so you can get your firm back to the way it was before—maybe even better.